- Rugged construction for years of reliable service
- Low noise floor picks up weak signals better than comparable wire or plastic enclosed antennas
- Wide bandwidth, (4+ MHz across the 2 meter band). No need to retune
- Omnidirectional RF radiation pattern is balanced for communicating with stations at or slightly above the horizon line.
- Pretuned and ready to go for the 2 meter amateur radio band
The only difference between the 2 meter J-Pole and the 2 meter Break-away model is the addition of the screw connector in the middle for easy storage and transport. I like to take this particular antenna camping as the two piece design takes up less space than the one piece antenna.
KB9VBR 2 Meter J-Pole Antenna Specifications:
- Constructed out of 1/2 inch copper tubing
- Overall length 69 inches
- Screw connector in the middle for easy storage and transport
- radiator 58 inches
- matching stub 19 inches
- Choice of SO-239 or N Female connector is soldered on at the point of lowest SWR
- Omnidirectional radiation pattern
- Gain is about 3dbi or 2.5dbd compared to a 1/4 wave ground plane
There are literally hundreds of antennas on the market, what makes this antenna any better than some of the higher priced you’ve seen or experienced? The simple answer is that it just plain works great. Dollar for dollar, the KB9VBR J-Pole antenna may be the best value on the amateur radio antenna market.
Dual Band Performance in a single antenna:
Each antenna is individually tested and tuned for optimum performance on their respective bands. The two meter antenna is tuned to 146MHZ (1.2:1 SWR or less at 146MHz), and the SWR is 1.4:1 or less throughout the entire 2 meter band. This antenna also works great as a dual band antenna. The antenna will tune up on 70cm for excellent dual band performance.