This antenna covers the lower end of the 150-160 MHz band, perfect for the Multi-Use Radio Service (MURS), public safety, and business band communications. If you are on a search and rescue team, volunteer firefighter, or monitor public safety bands, this antenna would be a great complement to your base radio system.
The license free MURS band is great for families and community groups to get on the air. This antenna is a perfect complement for your MURS base station, increasing your range and giving you better signal quality. If you are interested in off the grid communications, emergency communications, or just keeping your friends and family in touch license free, this antenna is the perfect choice.
- Rugged construction for years of reliable service
- Low noise floor picks up weak signals better than comparable wire or plastic enclosed antennas
- Wide bandwidth, (4+ MHz across the 2 meter band). No need to retune
- Omnidirectional RF radiation pattern is balanced for communicating with stations at or slightly above the horizon line.
- Pretuned and ready to go for the 151-154 MHZ MURS and Public Safety radio bands
At a recent event, we mounted one of these antennas at about 10 feet in the air. We could receive the volunteers using 4 watt MURS radios in a 2 mile radius over flat terrain.
Constructed out of 1/2 inch copper tubing
- Overall length 65 inches
- radiator 56 inches
- matching stub 18 inches
- SO-239 connector is soldered on at the point of lowest SWR
- Omnidirectional radiation pattern
- Gain is about 2.5db over a 1/4 wave ground plane
Wow. 50 feet with MURS 5 watt unit…10-12 mile radius ….nice.
- eBay member Carpetbone.