The difference between a J-Pole and a Slim Jim is simple: while both share the same design, the Slim Jim folds another 1/2 wave element over onto itself, turning the single half wave concept of the J-Pole into a double half wave, or ed fed folded dipole antenna. The folded dipole nature of the Slim Jim gives you about 2.5db of extra gain when compared to the standard J-Pole.
- Increased gain: compared to a standard J-Pole the Slim Jim has about 5.5db of gain
- Wider Bandwidth: Almost 8MHz of 2:1 bandwidth (double that of the J-Pole antenna)
- More RF energy aimed at the horizon: with a take-off angle of about 7 degrees for the Slim Jim, compared to 20 degrees for the J-Pole
- Compact size: the VHF land-mobile Slim Jim is still only 56 inches tall
- Hear weaker stations: lower noise floor than a wire antenna will help you hear more and capture distant signals better.
- 56 inches tall, end-fed folded dipole design
- Gain: 5.5 db, 7 degree takeoff angle
- Bandwidth: 7+ Mhz
- Pretuned to 154 MHz: Just connect the coax and transmit
- Heavy duty construction out of 1/2 inch copper tubing
Special tuning to your particular VHF frequency between 150-160MHz is available for no extra charge. Just leave a note during the checkout process of your frequency of choice and we will take care of the rest.