Are you looking for a UHF omni antenna with a little more gain? Our UHF Slim Jim Antenna delivers up to 6dbi of gain on the 440 – 470 Mhz UHF bands, which is almost twice the gain of a J-Pole and 5 times the gain of a 1/4 wave ground-plane antenna. Plus the antenna also have the great low noise floor and wide bandwidth typical of our other antennas.
The difference between a J-Pole and a Slim Jim is simple: while both share the same design, the Slim Jim folds another 1/2 wave element over onto itself, turning the single half wave concept of the J-Pole into a double half wave, or ed fed folded dipole antenna. The folded dipole nature of the Slim Jim gives you about 3dbi of extra gain when compared to the standard J-Pole.
- Increased gain: compared to a standard J-Pole the Slim Jim has about 6dbi of gain
- Wider Bandwidth: Almost 8MHz of 2:1 bandwidth (double that of the J-Pole antenna)
- More RF energy aimed at the horizon: with a take-off angle of about 7 degrees for the Slim Jim, compared to 20 degrees for the J-Pole
- Compact size: the UHF amateur radio and land-mobile Slim Jim is only 19 inches tall
- Hear weaker stations: lower noise floor than a wire antenna will help you hear more and capture distant signals better.
- 19 inches tall, end-fed folded dipole design
- Gain: 6 dbi, 7 degree takeoff angle
- Bandwidth: 7+ Mhz
- Pretuned to 445 MHz: Just connect the coax and transmit (Other frequencies available upon request)
- Heavy duty construction out of 1/2 inch copper tubing
Special tuning to your particular UHF frequency between 440 – 470 MHz is available for no extra charge. Just leave a note during the checkout process of your frequency of choice and we will take care of the rest.