The license free MURS band is great for families and community groups to get on the air. This antenna is a perfect complement for your MURS base station, increasing your range and giving you better signal quality.
This antenna also covers the lower end of the 150-160 MHz public safety band. If you are on a search and rescue team, volunteer firefighter, or monitor public safety bands, this antenna would be a great complement to your base radio system.
- Rugged construction for years of reliable service
- Low noise floor picks up weak signals better than comparable wire or plastic enclosed antennas
- Wide bandwidth, (4+ MHz across the 2 meter band). No need to retune
- Omnidirectional RF radiation pattern is balanced for communicating with stations at or slightly above the horizon line.
- Pretuned and ready to go for the 151-154 MHZ MURS and Public Safety radio bands
At a recent event, we mounted one of these antennas at about 10 feet in the air. We could receive the volunteers using 4 watt MURS radios in a 2 mile radius over flat terrain.
Constructed out of 1/2 inch copper tubing
- Overall length 65 inches
- radiator 56 inches
- matching stub 18 inches
- SO-239 connector is soldered on at the point of lowest SWR
- Omnidirectional radiation pattern
- Gain is about 2.5db over a 1/4 wave ground plane
Wow. 50 feet with MURS 5 watt unit…10-12 mile radius ….nice.
– eBay member Carpetbone.
Want to use Paypal? Check out our Paypal order page.