Looking for a dedicated antenna for UHF operations? Tuned to 445 MHz, the UHF band J-Pole antenna covers the upper half of the 70cm amateur radio band, which includes the repeater, remote base, link control, and simplex allocations of this band.
The 2 meter J-Pole works great on the 70cm band as a dual band antenna, but sometimes you may want a 440MHz dedicated antenna.
The UHF J-Pole antenna is designed and tuned specifically for the 70cm amateur radio band. Many of the hams that have purchased this antenna have put it to use for in situations such as:
- UHF voice operations
- Remote base and repeater control
- Link stations for repeater networks
- IRLP and Echolink Simplex nodes
- Digital D-Star and Packet networks
- Omnidirectional radiation pattern
- Half Wave design doesn’t require radials or a groundplane
- 3 dbi of gain and low noise floor enhances weak signal operations
- Solid construction out of 1/2 inch copper tubing
- Approximately 30 inches tall
- Half wave design with 1/4 wave matching stub. No groundplane necessary
- 11 inch mounting section
- Pretuned to 445 MHz with 5+ MHz of bandwidth